This cookie title is a bit of a mouthful to say but are delightful to eat. These cookies are so delish my dog broke through an hard plastic tupperware container with clips on the side to eat 15 of them. My son was devastated my husband was so mad at the dog and I was annoyed cause I never bake. So I have since made them a few times. I am not much of a chocolate kind of gal and never bake but these are easy enough, not super messy, and are somewhat healthy that I don't mind making them once a month.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Himalayan Sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat together softened coconut oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Stir in slowly the oats and chocolate chips.
- Form the cookie dough into balls. Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with himalayan sea salt. (don't let your toddler do this task or you'll end up with very salt cookies) Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden around the edges and soft in the center. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
So as you can see these are more on the healthy side. I never bake so in our house somewhat healthy cookies are better than no cookies. If you are used to regular cookies these might be not as sweet as you are used to. They are a hit in my house so if you are looking for a new cookie recipe or activity for your kiddos during the windy or rainy spring this is a great recipe to try out. Leo is my perfect little helper in the kitchen and it is amazing how good of a job he does. Other than over salting the cookies!
In other news I'm back from vacation. I took some time off of blogging to enjoy the sunshine in Arizona and attend every kid activity in Scottsdale/Phoenix area. If you guys are looking for a super family friendly vacation I was overly impressed with everything to do in Scottsdale. Anyways I am back with a little cookie recipe. Hope you enjoy and have a great start to your week!