Ok so I'm really into cucumbers lately. Probably because Leo loves them so much so I end up eating them too. I was just eating cucumbers with red wine vinegar and salt and pepper but that wouldn't hold me over for very long. So I started throwing together different things in my fridge and came up with this little salad. I make it in advance usually on Sunday and I can snack on it on Monday and Tuesday. It is enough for lunch or a side for dinner.
When I got pregnant with Leo 2 years ago I couldn't eat a lot of meat, something about the texture threw me off. I found new recipe ideas and learned to be satisfied without meat. I still eat meat every night for dinner, but for breakfast and lunch I try and go meatless. Avocado helps to keep me full and satisfied, Leo and I go through at least 1 avocado a day. When in doubt throw some avocado on it!
Cucumber and Avocado Salad
- 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Fresh chopped mint (just a few leaves)
- Feta cheese crumbles (sprinkle)
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- balsamic vinegar (drizzle)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Drizzle lemon juice over chopped avocado. Place avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and feta cheese in a large bowl. Whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper. Pour over salad. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with fresh mint. Toss gently to combine.
Seriously this is one of the best easy salads to make. If you are a cucumber and avocado lover like me you'll be LOVING this recipe too!