BBQ season is here and I couldn't be more excited that the grill is up and running. I am not a big beef eater, but my husband is, so occasionally I surprise him when he comes home from work with a big steak. I came up with this delicious flank steak recipe (and it is so pretty). This is the perfect recipe to serve to WOW your BBQ guests.
FLANK STEAK WITH TOMATO CORN SALSA
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- olive oil
- 1-2 lbs flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 3 ears of corn, or 1 can of corn.
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Fresh lime juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all rub ingredients together in a small bowl then add in some olive oil. Rub over the steak and place in fridge for a few hours.
- Prepare grill on medium to high heat. Grill corn, and let cool. Cut kernels from cobs and place in a medium bowl (or used canned corn). Add tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice to corn and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Set salsa aside.
- Grill steak, cooking it to your desire. We opted for medium. Let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve topped with salsa.
Hope you all had a great weekend,