I discovered this recipe when I was pregnant. I couldn't do any red sauces due to heart burn so I was on a quest to find a no sauce pasta. I came upon this one in my Giada everyday italian cook book. This is my favorite Italian cookbook. I was gifted it by an italian family friend she assured me it is true italian cooking. I have made many recipes from it and they have all been amazing. I edited this recipe a little from hers, to make it a little more spicy. My husband is obsessed with it and I would agree so am I!
We double the recipe so we can warm it up for lunches. Trust me this will be your new favorite pasta recipe. Coming from a girl who doesn't totally love pasta I could eat this one every single day!
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 12 oz dry orecchiette pasta
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb spicy pork sausage
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- dried red pepper flakes
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add in broccolini and cook until tender.
- Remove broccolini and set aside. Save water.
- Boil orecchiette in the same pot of salted water until tender but firm (about 8 mins).
- While pasta is cooking in a large skillet heat oil and cook spicy sausage. Make sure you break it up with a spoon. I made them about the size of small meatballs (about 8 mins).
- Add the garlic and red pepper.
- Add in cooked broccolini and toss and coat in the sausage juices.
- Add the pasta and about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and feel free to add more olive oil if you need it.
- Add salt, pepper, and more red pepper flakes.
- Serve in a bowl!