So at first glance this salad looks really weird. I took it to a BBQ this summer and brought a backup salad in case it was a total bust. But instead it was a total SUCCESS! Everyone went back for seconds and Jay has been begging me to make it at home. So I made it again and had to share it with you. So don't let the ingredients deter you just try it!
- 22 oz Tortellini Pasta
- 2 heads of corn (you can used canned but I think fresh is so much better)
- 1/2 container of strawberries
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TBSP honey
- Cook the tortellini according the package instructions. Drain and drizzle one tablespoon olive oil over the pasta to prevent it from sticking. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- If using fresh corn, boil and cook corn. Then cut corn off the cob.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Toss the pasta, corn, avocado, bell pepper, strawberries and dressing in a bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve immediately.
- You can prepare this salad in advance. I recommend preparing it without the avocado and dressing then storing in a sealed container until ready to serve, Just prior to serving, add the avocado and dress the salad.
Promise to just give them one a try! We have been loving it all summer. On a side note I've been TERRIBLE at blogging. I swear summers are busier than the holidays. We are constantly on the go and when I do get some downtime I opt to spend it outside with the kiddos vs on my computer which I am 100% ok with. We are celebrating Monroe's birthday early this year and have her party this weekend. Per usual I went overboard but hey that's what former event planners do. Jay gets so mad at me and I remind him I used to plan 6-8 weddings a year I can't help myself! I can't wait to blog about her party, it is a lot less intense than Leo's as far as activities go. Summer birthdays are WAY easier to plan especially with a pool. I can't wait to share with you all the photos, I think it is going to be SOOOOO cute!