Parties and holiday get together galore! With family and friends over all Christmas season I love having some food for people to munch on. I wanted to shared with you my favorite Christmas party mixes. The first one is a recipe from my Mother In Law, she said the recipe is over 50 years old. It is heavy on the butter, but it is so good it doesn't matter. She makes it a few times a year and we all go crazy for it. The second is basically puppy chow with candy! I mean who doesn't love puppy chow and candy? If you don't you are the Grinch!
Nuts & Bolts
- I box of stick pretzels
- 1 can of salted peanuts
- I box of Rice Chex
- 1 box of Cheerios
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 cup melted butter
- I tin roasting pan
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Mix together the pretzels, peanuts, rice chex, and cheerios in the tin roasting pan.
- Melt butter in a bowl and add in the garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce. Stir.
- Pour butter mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 2 hours at 225 degrees, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Let cool on a large paper bag.
Christmas Puppy Chow
- 8 cups rice chex
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup holiday mint M&Ms
- Add chocolate covered pretzels as desired
- Place Rice Chex in a bowl and set aside.
- Also place 2 cups powdered sugar in a large Ziploc bag.
- In a pot, melt butter, chocolate and butterscotch chips, peanut butter, and vanilla on LOW heat until melted, stirring the entire time.
- Pour melted mixture over Rice Chex and mix well until all the cereal is coated.
- Pour this mixture into the bag of powdered sugar and shake until it is coated.
- Spread over waxed paper or foil to cool.
- Mix in holiday mint M&Ms and chocolate covered pretzels.
Merry Christmas! We are taking the rest of the week off to enjoy the holidays with our family and friends.. We will be back next week. But I'll be instagramming all Christmas long! Be sure to follow us on instagram @champagneandshimmer