My Must Have List:
1. Extra PJ's- I had to have my mom bring more since I was in the hospital for so long. I also suggest packing a few extra nursing tanks.
2. Laptop with Movies- Because I was induced we need up watching a few movies.
3. Snacks- Hospital food takes about an hour to get there. After delivery I would wake up to feed and would be starving I didn't want to wait an hour for breakfast. I ended up having some trail mix and snacked on that every morning before breakfast was delivered.
4. Portable Sound Machine- We first tried using our phones, but they drained our battery. I had my Mom bring our portable sound machine. It was key, we use it pretty much still use it everyday.
5. Little Mittens For Baby's Hands- Crazy how sharp a newborn nails can be. He scratched himself the first day so we made sure we kept mittens on him the whole hospital visit. Despite swaddling him they somehow find a way to get their little hands out.
6. Boppy- It was nice to learn from the beginning how to nurse using the boppy.
7. Pillow- I didn't put my pillow on the list, but after being in the hospital for so long my pillow from home was a must!
8. Extra Clothes For the Hubby- We had to have extra clothes delivered to the hospital for my husband, my husband is a minimalist so he didn't pack enough. Make sure you encourage your husband to throw in some extra clothing cause you never know how birth is going to go and you might end up being there long than you thought.
9. Camera- Which is an obvious one.
I went past by due date so I had lots of time awaiting the baby. I decided I wanted to have some gifts for the nurses and doctors who helped me. Thank goodness I did since I was in the hospital for 6 days. I made these little lip balm cards for everyone. It was so easy I whipped them together in photoshop in a few moments and simply glued on the EOS Lip Balm. I gave them to my doctors and the nursing staff that cared for us while we were in the hospital. I was surprised how grateful they were for them. One nurse even had tears in her eyes and most of them hugged me. The doctors and nurses truly make your experience and it was something so simple I was able to do for them after ALL that they did for our little family. I have seen a bunch of other gift items on pinterest, so I highly suggest looking online for some other great ideas.
last but Not Least......Meet Baby Leo!