I'm the queen of sauceless pasta. I'm a weirdo and don't like sauce on my pasta. I am not the biggest pasta fan in the first place (I KNOW SHOOT ME ) I might be the first person in the world to say that they don't really care for pasta. I'm not a crazy health freak or anything I just am all about balance and I'd rather have that extra glass of wine or dessert. So instead I rather have a salad for dinner than pasta. But my hubby loves pasta so I try a few times a year (I know I'm terrible that I make pasta a few times a year) to make a new pasta recipe. This being one of them and let me tell you.... I LOVED IT!
The sauce is light and refreshing. I had all of these veggie ingredients in my garden so I was trying to use things up. I think the key to this recipe is the lemon, garlic, and fresh basil. If you don't have those items then game over!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil, I try and use "fancy" olive oil for my sauces. I get my locally so at your local farmers market to find some good local olive oil.
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 12 ounces of tube pasta, we used elicoidali
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup basil leaves
- red pepper
- salt and pepper
- Cook Chicken to your liking, I have a grill pan and used that. I simply added a little olive oil, salt and pepper and cooked the chicken. Once coolers slice chicken and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Cook garlic, stirring occasionally, until very lightly browned around the edges, about 4 minutes.
- Add squash and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until squash begins to break down and get soft.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and transfer pasta to the skillet where the zucchini is. Add in the sliced chicken and also add in the sliced cherry tomatoes and a little bit of lemon juice and oil oil. Toss with a slotted spoon to mix the pasta. Cook on low for 5 minutes or less. Just enough to let the tomatoes soften.
- Add in the basil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and red pepper.
- Eat and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!